InSearchOf

 I started my IT career as a tester, then moved to a role of .net developer within 3 months. In that project we had one person who was handling all database aspects. I was looking at him everyday that how he was working on his daily stuff, but he has knowledge on the whole project, I mean how the data flows. I was totally fascinated by the way he can do/solve everything using one, that is Query analyser (SQL 2000). That day I decided that I will move to this database role.

Since then, I haven’t looked back. I worked T-SQL, SSIS implementation, Datawarehouse designing and implementation. Worked on cloud migration of MES products.

But after few years I got chance to work on performance tuning. I can say I am very much attracted to this part. It feels very satisfied If I tune anything. Apart from tuning SQL queries, I am also good at tuning Laptops and android mobiles for my friends (which I surf the internet to gather data and implement the same).

Through out my 16 years of experience, I tried sql server central site to contribute some to the world from what I learned. I tried to sharpen my skills through beyondrelational site for solving SQL puzzles by Jacob. Due to inconsistency, I could not continue that doing.

I started learning Azure and prepared myself in 20 days to appear for the first certification exam. But I failed. It has been 4 months I am not getting confidence to appear for the exam again.

I always feel that I could have achieved and contributed more if I had a Guru who can help me in showing the path. Recently I have also opted to Ankur Warikoo’s time management course which I think will help me in getting me out of procrastination stuff.

Comments